Thursday, August 24, 2017

Writing again

It's been a while since my last post.  Years.  I've had no ambition to write.  In fact, I totally forgot this blog even existed.  I even had to check and make sure it was still here.  Obviously it is.  And obviously I'm writing again.

Since my last blog, there's been a lot of things that have happened in my life.  I graduated from seminary with a Masters of Divinity degree.  That took 5 years.  And I'm now pastoring a church (The Well Church) in Ionia, a community that I absolutely love!    Kelly and I have three kids now.  Jude, Calvin and Violet.  Life has been a whirlwind.  And in time, I hope to tell some stories.  But not right now.

Right now I want talk about why I stopped writing and why I'm starting again.

I stopped writing because I was burned out.  Seminary required so much writing, it lost my interest.  My passion faded.  It became a duty.  A chore.  And when I graduated, writing became the last thing I wanted to do.  So I stopped.  For years.  I just let it go.  I knew I'd start again one day, but in due time.

I'm starting to write again.  And I'm rediscovering my passion for getting my thoughts out through words.  It feels good.  It's therapeutic.  It's a way I can express my heart.  

So there's that.  I hope to write several times a week.  I want to write about things that are important to me, I want to write about some of the things I'm thinking, and I want to write about some of the things I'm going through.

My hope is that one day, my children will be able to read what I've written.  I want them to be able to know my heart from another angle.

Writing is important to me.  And I'm really excited to start again...



 

 

No comments: