Sunday, April 15, 2012

"our" story


This weekend, Kelly and I were blessed by the opportunity to share our story with Impact Church (both the Lowell and Saranac campuses).  As we spoke, we witnessed the joys and tears of others who find themselves in the middle of a story as well.  While each of us have our own story, we must remember that our stories form a much larger story.  How is it that God can orchestrate so many stories when I can hardly keep track of and communicate my own?  This is the beauty of the Church.  When a community unites themselves and finds identity in Christ, something magical takes place.  The community who grounds themselves in Christ then becomes His physical presence to the world.


This is humbling.  


It isn't about me or my story.  Why did I ever think it was?  
This is about us...
   about we…
   about our story.


This is about God's Spirit moving in the hearts of a community.  It's about an internal longing to see God's Kingdom unfold right in front of our eyes.  


As Kelly and I shared a bit of our story, we humbly acknowledge that it's only a fraction of "the story."  I'm blessed, honored, and pumped about serving as the Saranac Campus pastor.  What God is doing through Impact Church reminds us of our smallness and His greatness.  May we continue to look at our stories within the context of "the story."  


No comments: