Sunday, March 6, 2011

scripture: Interesting verse from Deuteronomy.

As written by Moses,

"The LORD said to me: 'What they say is good. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him.'"

I had to read that over a bunch of times to catch what its saying and implying.

…the prophet God would rise up is Jesus.

Knowing that, I went back and had to read what God wanted Jesus to do. From this single verse, its interesting that it says, "He will tell them everything I command him."

Jesus is telling us what God wants us to know.

Jesus himself says this: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does."

He also says: "For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me."

Maybe there is more merit to Jesus' teachings than we give him credit for.



I communicate through personal conversation, blogs, emails, phone conversations, Facebook, looks, writing, and etc… I communicate on quite a simple level.

God communicates on a higher level, and thats through an actual person.

Jesus is the greatest communicator for God. He reflects the mind of God. He IS God as a person.


This has been challenging me lately. Do I really live my life as a student of the greatest teacher of all time? Do I listen and follow the smartest person ever to exist? Does my Christianity parallel it's Christ?


again… "What would happen if we took Jesus seriously?"


No comments: