Sunday, March 6, 2011

reflections...

I mess up. I don't do things right. I can be a better father and a better husband. I can be a better pastor. I can be a better follower of Jesus.

I'm going to fail. I'll always have a way of screwing things up. And I have so much to learn about life, love, and other mysteries.

…but I had a thought tonight.
I'd have to say it was about
10:00pm earlier tonight
(March 6, 2011) when this
thought went through my mind…


I had just finished a busy day.
9:30-10:30 taught (Sunday School)
10:30-12:00 one of the best worship gatherings I've ever been a part of
12:20-4:15 Men's league basketball tournament (our team won I must say…haha!)
4:15-4:40 Rest/Down Time
4:40-8:00 Axis Youth Group

The rest of the night consisted of down time with my wife. I made her hot chocolate with a bunch of marshmallows on top, and I even added whipped cream.


A thought crossed my mind at about 10 p.m. tonight and I believe its completely true. I have been a Christian for a while, but I was so overwhelmed with a sense of love and peace tonight that it felt as if I found the Lord and fell in love again for the very first time.


This thought led me to the next thought.


The next thought is the one I referred to at the beginning of this blog:

Through the ups and downs of life, tonight my life has climaxed to a point of abundance that I've never been to before. The peace and joy felt in the depths of my heart is overwhelming. Thus far, life hasn't been better than this. God has blessed me with a beautiful, wonderful wife whom I adore. He has given us the most amazing (I get emotional when I talk about this) little boy a man could ask for. I have been blessed with an incredible family who loves the LORD and has brought me up in the way I should go. But regardless of those wonderful blessings, none is more of a blessing than having the Spirit of God in my soul. God pouring himself into me is opening life to become far more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. I'm overwhelmed with thankfulness! He is faithful!

No comments: