Tuesday, January 11, 2011

One Lord



I would like to make something clear.

As a pastor, disciple, and lover of Jesus; I take great seriousness in His commission to make disciples.

Being called to ministry here in the area I live, my overall intent is to lead people on a path of discipleship in Christ. Whether I work with SMASH (a youth group in the area), YFC (a parachurch ministry), or any other fellow Christians; I want to see a generation of young people devoting their lives to centering themselves on the Lord.

I'm not concerned with competing with other ministry organizations.
I'll refuse to be mediocre in ministry from fear of hurting other churches.

Maybe I'm naive, but I'd rather be a fool for Christ rather than a man wise by the world's standards.

I hope our hearts and minds can be united in Christ and the Kingdom He taught, rather than be divided because of simple political and social differences. If the structure and heart of our faith is truly Christ and everything He stood for, we will find excitement when people come to know and follow Him, regardless of what building they do it in.

So what I would like to make clear:
I'm going to continue to be faithful to the call God has placed on my life. I'm going to continue to love on the young people in the area I live, and hope that the Lord brings them to Himself. I'm going to continue to learn and live out Jesus in every aspect of my life. Regardless of what people say, I will continue to pray, "Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

No comments: